The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts & measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is the quality ensuring body of the college, structured as per the UGC recommendations. It performs various activities like quality management to sustain and improve the quality parameter in various activities taken place in the college. It extends its suggestions and recommendations for conducting special lectures, seminars and conferences by the departments. IQAC organizes FDP programme and awareness programmes.
It assures quality teaching-learning process. It documents various activities and achievements of faculty members and students. It also evaluates the students’ feedback for reformation in academics and for quality improvement. The cell takes care of the following: use of modern teaching aids, laboratory manuals, innovative teaching practices, and special classes for slow learners, syllabus coverage, laboratory records, attendance of students, Micro-Quality Circle meeting, mini projects by students, industrial internship undergone by students, guest lectures arranged, industrial visits carried out and student’s performance records.
IQAC releases newsletter, namely “Concord” as a biannual issue. It also organizes various academic meetings like Board of Studies, Governing Body meetings to design curriculum in order to favour the autonomous status of the college.
· To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality
· To enhance and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
· To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution
· To institutionalize many good practices.
· To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
· To act as a change agent in the institution.
· To have a better internal communication.